Friday, February 8, 2008

Singing with my children

The greatest blessing and gift of the past 6 months has been creating with my children. There have been many stories, verses and songs that have spilled forth in the moment. My children keep asking me to recall them and like most parents my brain is mush at the end of the day, soooo, this evening at dinner my son Tryndl wanted a blessing song about rainbows and though it is not much of a blessing, here is what spilled forth: sung to the tune of "blackbird, blackbird";

"Rainbow, rainbow way up in the sky,
Rainbow, rainbow your colors fly high.
Rainbow, rainbow, what do you see?
Rainbow, rainbow, you see me."

Sweet & quaint and it is their new favorite song. How precious this time is and how clear these moments are...

1 comment:

Tan Family said...

Wonderful post! We should all sing with our children, every day. :)